After the resignation of Lazaro de Mello Brandao from the presidency seat at Brazil’s second-largest private bank Bradesco, the organization has a task of electing a new CEO. The 91-year old Brandao is recognized among the longest-serving banking executives, having started his career as a clerk when he was still a teenager. He has held the presidency seat at Bradesco for more than 25 years. However, in to replace him in that position is Bradesco’s current CEO, Luiz Carlos Trabuco, who is expected to serve both seats until a new CEO is appointed in 2018.
Also, according to Luis Carlos Trabuco, the newly elected individual is expected to vacate his executive board position. In preserving the company’s tradition of choosing a new executive, the candidate should come from among the several vice presidents at Bradesco. Speaking at a conference, Luiz Carlos Trabuco stated that electing a new executive is not a simple task. Furthermore, Bradesco is one of those vast, sophisticated, segmented companies, and the new executive should be a perfect representation of those characteristics. Below are some of the candidates in contention for the position.
• Alexandre da Silva Gluher: The 57-year old is the current leader of the risk area. Having joined the bank in 1976, Gluher and another executive were involved in one of Bradesco’s most significant purchase, the acquisition of HSBC Brazil.
• Domingos Figueiredo Abreu: Together with Gluher, Domingos Abreu worked together in the purchase of HSBC. The 58-year old joined Bradesco in 1981 and is the head of the treasury and credit department.
• Mauricio Machado de Minas: At the helm of Bradesco’s IT department is Mauricio Minas. He joined the organization in 2009 and is the one behind the bank’s digital-only bank spinoff.
• Octavio Lazaro: Even though Octavio Lazaro joined the company way back in 1978, he joined the executive team only recently. at 54, he is the leader of Bradesco’s insurance wing, which is responsible for a third of the bank’s annual results.
• Andre Rodrigues Cano: Also a veteran at the company, the 59-year old Andre Cano also just recently got admitted into the executive team like Octavio Lazaro. Andre heads the human resource department.
• Josue Augusto Pancini: This executive has been with Bradesco since 1975, and is responsible for the high-income segment, as well as the branch network.
• Marcelo de Araujo Noronha: Aged 52, Marcelo joined Bradesco in 2003. He is in charge of Bradesco’s investment and corporate banking. He also heads Bradesco BBI and its entire card operations
Read more on banco.bradesco
About Luiz Carlos Trabuco
Luiz Carlos Trabuco is recognized among Brazil’s most prominent bankers of the last few decades. Since Bradesco was established, he is only the fourth person to hold the presidency position, a seat he took over in 2009. Under his leadership, the bank grew to be one of the most prominent in the South American economy, holding over 27 million accounts and hundreds of billions in assets.
Early Career and Education
Luiz Carlos Trabuco was born in Marilia, Sao Paulo. He started his banking career at the Bradesco Bank in 1969 when he was 18 years old, and went on to hold several positions before finally capturing the top seat. In 1984 he was appointed department director, and held the position until 1992. In 1998 he took the job of Managing Director Executive and was promoted to Executive Vice President only a year after.
Luiz Carlos Trabuco started managing Bradesco Seguros in 2003, and during his tenure of six years was able to more than double its size. He was appointed as president of Bradesco in 2009. Luiz Carlos Trabuco has a post-graduate degree in Socio-Psychology from the University of Sao Paulo.
Learn more about Luiz Carlos Trabuco: https://www.terra.com.br/economia/trabuco-assumira-presidencia-do-conselho-do-bradesco-banco-nomeara-novo-chefe-executivo-em-marco,9fb1d7fe927d7f26678a7543f82f02edw3u6oihm.html